Community Wellness Network
Yoga and fitness classes taught by local instructors for our active community.
Urban Poling - Nordic Walking
Urban poling combines an upper body technique similar to cross-country skiing with the lower body technique of regular walking.
- is a preferred exercise of millions of people
- improves health and longevity
- is easy and low-impact
- convenient and non-intimidating
- can be performed by all ages and fitness levels
- can be practiced anywhere.
- improves balance and increases confidence during walking.
- improves posture, strengthens major muscle groups, and increases lateral spine stability
- eases hill climbing and provides downhill stability
- promotes a more normal gait pattern compared to a cane
- lessens stress to hips, knees and ankles
- uses 90% of the body’s muscles including the core.
We meet Wednesday afternoon (during Winter months) at 1:30pm by the valley zoo entrance, and 9:30 when it's warm. Usually we go for 1 1/2 hours, approx. 7000 steps.
Laurier Heights Community provides poles if you need them, please contact first.
It is fun to walk with a group!
Free Outdoor Swim
Click here for information about how your membership can work for you with the Community League Wellness Program