2020 Community Outdoor Soccer
2020 Laurier Heights Outdoor Soccer Information
February is registration month and you can register your child for the 2020 outdoor soccer season beginning on Saturday, February 1st. Don’t miss your opportunity to get your child involved in this fabulous community sport!
How do I register?
- Sign in or create an account on to the EMSA Soccer Portal at https://emsasoccerportal.com/ui/?. You must have a current community league membership (20-****) to register. Community league memberships can be purchased through Christine: 780.908.5935 / firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Edmonton Federation of Community League website: https://efcl.org/membership/.
- Payments can be made online but your registration is not complete until your volunteer and uniform deposits have been received by your community soccer coordinator. Make sure you go to the community where your child is planning to play. Volunteer and uniform deposits for Laurier Heights are only required for players U9-U19. If your child is in a younger age division, you are not required to leave deposits, although you are always welcome to help coach your child’s team.
- Attend one of Laurier’s registration dates to verify ID and leave deposits. Please Note - There is no central payment night scheduled this year. If you plan to play Laurier Soccer, you must bring deposits in person, via post-dated cheques or cash to one of our scheduled community registration dates:
- Tuesday, Feb 25th, 2020 from 6pm-9pm at Laurier Heights Community League Building, 14405 85 Avenue, Laurier Room
- Saturday, March 7th, 2020 from 9am-12pm at Laurier Heights Community League Building, 14405 85 Avenue, Laurier Room
Until deposits are received, player registration is not considered complete and your child will not be placed on a team. Any payments made after March 7th, 2020 will be subject to a $50 late registration fee. Registration fees do not include tournaments; however, they do include team photos.
For all players in age divisions U9-U19, the 2 post-dated cheques required are:
- Volunteer Deposit - $150, one cheque per family, dated for December 31st, 2020 (cheque is shredded upon completion of a minimum 3-hour volunteer duty for EMSA or Laurier Heights Community League)
- Uniform Deposit - $50, one cheque per player, dated for July 1st, 2020 (cheque is shredded upon return of team jerseys to community league)
Deposit requirements are different for each community. It is highly recommended that you contact the community where your child will be playing to attend their registration nights. You can find this information on the EMSA West website: https://emsawest.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Community-Payment-Nights-Outdoor-2020-1.pdf; we cannot collect deposits for other communities.
What should I bring to registration?
- Bring one copy of the player’s registration form (displayed on phone is acceptable) and the player’s Alberta Health Care Card or passport to verify birth date.
- Bring 2 post-dated cheques for volunteer and uniform deposits if your child is in U9-U19.
- If you have not paid online, please bring payment in the form of cash or cheque.
- If you are planning to coach or manage, and do not have a current valid Police Information Check, please bring in a photocopy of any 2 pieces of government-issued ID and your completed Police Information Check and Third Party Notification forms, which can be found on the EMSA West website: https://emsawest.com/season-info/coachs-corner/police-information-check/. You must also register on the EMSA portal at the beginning of each new season as a team official so that we can place you on a team.
Equipment Needed for Laurier Soccer Program:
- Shin Pads
- Black Soccer Socks
- Black Shorts
- Soccer Cleats (not mandatory for U4 & U5, but mandatory for all other age divisions)
The outdoor soccer season is scheduled to begin the week of May 1st. We are scheduled for soccer photos on Sunday, May 31st.
Our U4, U5 and U7 teams play in house and will not be travelling outside of the community. U9-U11 teams play in the West Zone. U13-U19 teams play city wide and in surrounding areas.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact Janice at email@example.com.